A biologist named Manu San Félix has presented a new initiative called ‘Be Blue’ in collaboration with the Vellmarí Association and Insotel Marine Group. This project aims to collect and germinate posidonia seeds to restore deteriorated seabeds in the Balearic Islands and other Mediterranean areas. San Félix has already planted around 3,000 posidonia plants in a temporary nursery in the port of La Savina. The biologist believes that in the coming years, this project could provide thousands of posidonia sprouts for planting.
5 Things You Need To Know:
1. Manu San Félix, along with the Vellmarí Association and Insotel Marine Group, has launched a campaign called ‘Be Blue’ to protect the oceans and seas.
2. The initiative involves collecting and germinating posidonia seeds that reach the coasts of the Balearic Islands.
3. Around 3,000 posidonia plants have been planted in a nursery in the port of La Savina to restore deteriorated seabeds.
4. San Félix believes that this project could provide thousands of posidonia sprouts for planting in the future.
5. Marcos Marí, CEO of Insotel Marine Group, emphasized the importance of conserving and improving the marine environment, and hopes to make the journey to Formentera a part of this project.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.