Content: A group of 16 citizens associations on Formentera island, including cultural, sports, and parents groups, have joined forces to support an initiative from three 14-year old students. The students are asking for increases in public transportation frequency, especially during the winter months when service is reduced significantly.
5 Things You Need To Know
– 16 citizens associations on Formentera have supported an initiative from three 14-year old students calling for increases in public transportation frequency.
– The students have collected around 600 signatures, mostly from adults, and are now seeking the support of the local community.
– The associations are addressing a letter to the Formentera Council’s president and relevant council members to support the initiative.
– The students and associations are requesting more convenient bus schedules, bearing in mind the reduced services in the winter months.
– The initiative hopes to have positive effects on the island’s youth, elderly, and those seeking sustainable and environmentally-friendly transportation options.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.