Formentera will host an international symposium on underwater archaeology from September 29th to October 1st, according to the Consell Insular. The event, called the International Symposium of Conservation for Underwater Archeology (Iscua), is organized by the Balearic Institute of Maritime Archaeology Studies (Ibeam) in collaboration with the Consell de Formentera and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The Iscua symposium will bring together 75 professionals from 19 countries.
- Attendees will discuss new treatments and explore the use of technologies for the restoration and conservation of maritime heritage.
- Prominent speakers at the symposium include Dr. Ian Mcleod, Dr. Martijn Manders, Dr. Tomás Fernández Montblanc, Dr. Chris Dostal, and Dr. Vasliki Argyropoulos.
- The symposium will take place at the Sala de Cultura Cine de Sant Francesc in Formentera.
- Registration for the symposium will remain open until all spaces are filled.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.