A symposium on the conservation and restoration of underwater archaeology is being held in Formentera, organized by the Balearic Institute of Studies in Marine Archaeology (Ibeam) in collaboration with the Consell de Formentera and the National Museum of Underwater Archaeology (Arqva) in Cartagena.
5 Things You Need To Know
– The symposium has gathered 75 specialists, university professors, researchers, and public officials dedicated to the conservation and restoration of underwater heritage.
– Formentera has become a hub for underwater archaeology due to its rich heritage, with 20 archaeological areas of interest already identified.
– The Consell de Formentera has renewed its collaboration with Ibeam until 2028 to continue working in this field.
– The symposium aims to bring together professionals responsible for decision-making regarding underwater heritage conservation.
– Participants include researchers from the United States, Australia, and several European countries.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.