5 Things You Need To Know
- Starting July 11, people over the age of 65 can go to the cinema for a reduced price of 2 euros once a week in 12 venues in Illes Balears.
- The Multicines Ibiza in Ibiza have joined this initiative.
- Tickets can only be purchased at the cinema’s box office, with proof of age required.
- The program is funded with a budget of 10 million euros from the General State Budget of 2023.
- Cinemas will receive a subsidy based on the number of reduced-price tickets sold, with a maximum subsidy of three euros per ticket.
The purpose of this initiative is to encourage senior citizens to return to the cinemas, as they have been the slowest age group to resume their cinema habits since the pandemic. The cinema industry continues to be one of the most affected sectors by the pandemic.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.