5 Things You Need To Know
- An excavator has started removing vegetation from the land in Ca n’Escandell, near the school of Can Cantó, where the Ibiza City Council plans to build the new football stadium of es Putxet.
- The council has also put out to tender, with a budget of just over 200,000 euros, the earth movements and archaeological excavation of the land for the expansion of the Can Cantó school, also adjacent to the football field.
- The new municipal government of the PP has changed the initial project of the es Putxet stadium and has reduced its cost by almost half (almost four million euros).
- The new project, with prefabricated modules, is expected to reduce costs and the construction time to only four months, compared to the previous estimate of a year and a half.
- There has been a conflict between UD Ibiza and CD Ibiza over the use of the Can Misses stadium, which influenced the acceleration of the urban transformation of the area to build both infrastructures, as well as expand the school.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.