The Real Federación Española de Vela has announced that three young windsurfers from Formentera, Hugo Colomar, Mia Berazategui, and Gala Fornés, will be participating in the sub-15 windsurfing world championship in Quiberon, France.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Hugo Colomar, Mia Berazategui, and Gala Fornés, all from Formentera, will represent Spain in the sub-15 windsurfing world championship in France.
– The championship will take place from August 30 to September 5, and if weather conditions permit, there will be three races each day.
– The three athletes qualified for the championship by ranking high in both the Spanish Championship and the Spanish Cup in 2023.
– Hugo Colomar previously placed 11th in the European Championship and first in the Balearic Championship.
– Mia Berazategui and Gala Fornés also had successful performances in the European Championship, ranking 7th and 6th respectively, and both finished first and second in the Balearic Championship.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.