The fishing ban on ‘raor’ (Spanish for parrotfish) was lifted yesterday, prompting a large number of recreational boats to head to the waters around es Freus and Formentera. These fishing grounds are known for their abundance of raor, a prized and expensive fish in the market. Fishing for raor is allowed until March 31st.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The fishing ban on ‘raor’ (parrotfish) was lifted yesterday in the Pitiusas, attracting many recreational boats to the fishing grounds around es Freus and Formentera.
- Raor is a highly prized and expensive fish in the gastronomy market.
- The fishing is regulated by the Consell de Formentera and the balearic Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Natural Environment.
- Fishing is allowed with a maximum of 50 catch per license per day, and a maximum of 300 per boat.
- During the first day of fishing, authorities reported no infringements but a lower number of boats compared to previous years.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.