The president of the Consell de Formentera, Llorenç Córdoba, and the first vice president and councilor for Mobility and Environmental Management, Verónica Castelló, met this morning with the person in charge of Prezero, the company awarded the waste collection, street cleaning, and beach cleaning service. The purpose of the meeting was to assess the current state of the service and establish the guidelines for the new government team for the upcoming summer season, while also implementing improvements that will be included in the new contract.
5 Things You Need To Know
– A “shock plan” will be implemented in the coming months to address the deficiencies of the waste collection service in recent years.
– The collection routes for packaging and cardboard will be expanded to daily collections, instead of alternate days.
– Additional collection of containers will be carried out during the midday period in critical areas with high amounts of waste and incivility.
– Street cleaning will be reinforced, particularly in areas with concerts and nightlife, such as Sant Ferran, es Pujols, and La Savina.
– The streets of the towns will also receive additional cleaning in the afternoons, focusing on areas with overflowing bins and excessive waste.
The new waste management contract was awarded to Prezero by the Consell de Formentera for a total of 28.3 million euros.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.