The president of the Insular Council of Formentera, Llorenç Córdoba, and the first vice-president and councillor for Mobility and Environmental Management, Verónica Castelló, met this morning with the representative of the company Prezero in Formentera. The company was awarded the contract for waste collection, street cleaning, beach conservation, maintenance of green areas, and operation of the recycling point in Formentera. The purpose of the meeting was to assess the current state of the services on the island and establish the new government’s agenda for the upcoming summer season while implementing necessary improvements.
5 Things You Need To Know
- A crisis plan will be implemented in the coming months to address the deficiencies that the service has faced in recent years.
- One of the first measures to be taken is the daily collection of containers for cardboard and packaging, instead of alternate days as before.
- A reinforcement of container collection at midday will be carried out in critical areas with high waste generation and incivility.
- Street cleaning and sweeping will be reinforced, particularly in areas prone to a buildup of trash due to concerts and nightlife.
- An additional street cleaning session will be conducted in the afternoons, focusing on areas with overflowing bins and excessive waste accumulation.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.