Formentera Socialists express concern over the lack of control in the regulated anchoring in s’Estany des Peix area.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The Formentera Council implemented a regulation for anchoring in s’Estany des Peix.
- The current government is being criticized for not properly enforcing the regulation, causing chaos and dissatisfaction among users and leaseholders.
- The regulation is currently undergoing administrative procedures and will be reviewed and approved by the Consell Consultiu de Baleares.
- The Formentera Council is responsible for monitoring and enforcing environmental legislation, although it does not have sanctioning powers until the regulation is finally approved.
- The Formentera Socialists demand that the government acts within its responsibilities to avoid further deterioration of the natural space and will seek intervention from the Balearic government if necessary.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.