5 Things You Need To Know
– The Medical Oncology Department at Hospital Can Misses has a new oncologist, Dr. Diego Iglesias, previously from the Medical Oncology Service at the Hospital Universitario Son Espases.
– The appointment was published in the Boletín Oficial de las Islas Baleares (BOIB), and the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Can Misses now has four oncologists: the head of the department, Carlos Rodríguez Franco, Dr. Urbicio Pérez, Dr. Blanca Sánchez Lafuente, and the new addition Dr. Diego Iglesias.
– The progressive addition of oncologists, with three new ones since September, has increased the department’s activities by 2% compared to the same period last year.
– This growth has helped to recover from a 20% decrease in activity from May to July, and the department’s overall trend has transformed from declining to steady growth.
– The addition of oncologists has also allowed for the recovery of outpatient activity, normalized patient care, and guaranteed continuity of care.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.