In August, Ibiza airport experienced a 5.5% increase in passenger traffic compared to the same month last year, surpassing pre-pandemic and 2020 records. From January to August, the airport saw a 10.1% growth in passenger numbers compared to the previous year.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Ibiza airport had 1,435,87 passengers in August, a 5.5% increase compared to the same month in 2020.
– This figure is also 4.3% higher than the busiest month in 2019 before the pandemic hit.
– From January to August, the airport recorded 6,382,961 passengers, a 10.1% increase compared to the same period last year.
– In the first eight months of this year, nearly half a million more passengers flew in and out of Ibiza compared to pre-pandemic times.
– The majority of passengers in August traveled on commercial flights, with 495,884 traveling to or from Spanish cities and 938,040 opting for international destinations. The UK, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, and France were the markets with the highest demand in terms of international traffic.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.