5 Things You Need To Know
– A new report from the INE found that Ibiza and Formentera have seen significant population growth over the last 20 years, with Ibiza’s population rising 66.79% and Formentera experiencing a decrease in residents.
– The population in all of Ibiza’s municipalities has increased overall, with the largest growth in the municipality of Ibiza, which saw an increase from 50,715 to 51,996 residents in a year.
– Despite issues such as the housing crisis and high cost of living, Ibiza continues to attract more people, with the island as a whole having gained nearly 85,600 residents in the last 10 years.
– Formentera has been an exception to the population growth trend, losing 247 residents between October 2022 and October 2023.
– Overall, the Balearic Islands have seen a 1.75% increase in population, with a total of 1.197.261 residents in 2023.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.