Ibiza and Formentera retirees who want to enjoy the trips offered by Imserso this winter are facing the “worst year” in terms of offers. According to travel agencies, direct flights have been severely limited, with only a little over half a dozen available. This is in contrast to Mallorca, where retirees can travel to nearly 80 destinations in the country without having to transfer at another national terminal. The period to book the first reservation started last Thursday and ended yesterday. Starting today, a second journey can be purchased.
5 Things You Need To Know:
– Retirees in Ibiza and Formentera have complained about the limited choice of direct destinations offered by Imserso trips, with only three to Mallorca, three cultural trips, and one to the mainland coast.
– The lack of direct flights is attributed to the poor connectivity of es Codolar airport in winter.
– The only option for retirees in Ibiza and Formentera who wanted to travel to a Spanish coastal destination is Calella in Maresme. Popular destinations like Benidorm have not been offered this year.
– Some travel agencies have suggested that the absence of options for Valencia and the Mediterranean coast is regrettable.
– Despite the alternative to fly from Mallorca to other destinations, the cost of the ticket between the two islands and the need to coordinate flight schedules makes the trip more expensive and inconvenient for Ibiza and Formentera residents.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.