Lorenzo Córdoba, President of the Consell Insular de Formentera, has secured additional responsibilities for the local government to regulate and manage s’Estany des Peix, an area of interest in the Parc Natural de Ses Salines.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Lorenzo Córdoba, Conseller de Litoral, has negotiated with the Balearic Government to include an additional provision in the General Budget of the Autonomous Community, granting the Consell Insular de Formentera authority to approve regulations for mooring and anchorage at s’Estany des Peix.
– This agreement confirms the full will of the local government to protect and regulate this area, independently of the initially approved regulations.
– The additional provision in the 2024 Autonomous Community Budget means that s’Estany des Peix will be “co-managed” by the local government, granting them the authority to approve regulations for this area by law.
– Until now, the balearic government held the competencies for managing s’Estany des Peix, but thanks to this agreement, the local government will have real co-management responsibilities and recognized competencies to manage the area.
– The new responsibilities recognize the importance of protecting the environment and heritage of s’Estany des Peix for the island of Formentera.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.