5 Things You Need To Know
– A fire burning at the Formentera dump has been active for 24 days and is not yet extinguished.
– Completion of the processing of the largest mountain of burning material, around 3,000 cubic meters, has been completed by the Consell Insular.
– Efforts are being made to evaluate the situation at the compost mountain in order to begin to extinguish it on Monday.
– It is uncertain when the fire will be completely extinguished and the most difficult area to access is the compost zone.
– A small fire also occurred at the waste bins of the recycling plant in the Ca na Putxa dump in Ibiza.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.