A strong southwest wind that began blowing last Thursday afternoon on the coasts of Ibiza and Formentera had a special impact on s’Estany des Peix, as several moored boats suffered serious damage or were stranded on the shore facing la Savina.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Eight boats have reportedly come loose from the buoys arranged by the Consell de Formentera to regulate anchoring, while one boat moored at the pier has sunk and at least four others have been damaged in collisions.
– A gust of wind between 140 and 150 kilometers per hour was detected by professionals during the early hours of last Friday.
– Numerous stranded boats of different sizes and types, as well as auxiliary boats piled up on top of each other, were found between the sailing school of la Savina and es Campament.
– The rise in sea levels was significant due to the low atmospheric pressure caused by the strong wind.
– The alarm among boat owners in this protected area was raised on Thursday afternoon, whether in floating docks or anchored with chemical anchors.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.