A yacht caught on fire off the coast of Formentera, Spain, and sank completely after several failed attempts to extinguish the flames.
5 Things You Need To Know
– A large yacht caught fire and began sinking off the coast of Formentera, Spain. Seventeen people on board, including five crew members and twelve passengers, were rescued.
– Salvamento Marítimo, the maritime rescue organization, dispatched a boat to the scene but was unable to save the yacht, which eventually sank completely.
– The cause of the fire is still unknown, and there were no reports of fuel or material contamination from the yacht.
– The Guardia Civil also mobilized a patrol boat to assist in managing the fire.
– The local government, Consell de Formentera, has hired a cleaning company to inspect the area and remove any debris. There were no reports of pollution from hydrocarbons, but some floating residue may drift towards the mainland.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.