Content: The mayor of Sant Josep, Vicent Roig, announced during a press conference that the name of the Margalida Roig ‘Llogat’ street will be maintained and not changed. The council had offered the family of the renowned local daughter to name the future footbridge after her, but it has been declined. The decision is not related to the upcoming women’s associations gathering in Ibiza.
5 Things You Need To Know
– The mayor of Sant Josep, Vicent Roig, has decided to keep the name of Margalida Roig ‘Llogat’ street following consultations with legal and land registry services.
– The council had proposed to name the future footbridge after Margalida Roig, but the family declined the offer.
– The decision has come amid plans to offer assistance to residents who may have suffered inconveniences due to the street name change.
– In November, the council approved the recovery of the names Montblanc and Camèlies after residents experienced difficulties in dealing with the bureaucratic procedures due to the previous changes.
– The name change issue was controversial among different political parties, with some claiming ideological reasons behind the decision.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.