5 Things You Need To Know
- The Minister of Education visited educational centres in Ibiza to address the issues in finding teachers to fill open positions.
- The minister announced that a technical meeting on insularity in Ibiza would be held to discuss the problems in covering teaching positions on the island.
- The Minister highlighted the challenges in finding and retaining teaching staff in Ibiza and Formentera, stressing the need to address the issue.
- The government of the Balearic Islands will work to address the discrimination in teacher’s insularity supplements with its own resources, while continuing to make a case for increased support from the central government.
- The Minister stated the government’s commitment to finding appropriate measures to address the ongoing problem of filling teaching positions on the island, working together with the teacher unions.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.