The Ibiza Road Infrastructure Department has started installing traffic lights at three problematic points on the island’s road network: the pedestrian crossing at Can Negre, the junction in the center of Jesus heading towards Cala Llonga, and the access to the National Police on the EI-10 highway.
5 Things You Need To Know
– The installation of traffic lights has started at Can Negre and will continue in Jesus at the end of October and on the EI-10 in mid-November.
– The total cost of the works is 200,000 euros, according to the island institution.
– The objective of this measure is to improve the safety of pedestrians by implementing traffic lights for vehicles and pedestrians with buttons to activate them.
– The installation of a traffic light with a button at the National Police access on the EI-10 highway will allow them to exit the station safely.
– The installation works will not require road closures but may cause traffic disruptions, especially during peak hours. The Consell apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.