This article reports on the challenges faced by a post office in Formentera, Spain. The office has been experiencing technical difficulties and is short-staffed, leading to long queues and delays in service. The situation has been exacerbated by an influx of citizens seeking to vote by mail. Despite efforts to address the issues, such as opening on weekends and repairing the air conditioning, customers have still faced significant wait times.
5 Things You Need To Know:
1. A post office in Formentera, Spain is facing challenges due to technical difficulties and a lack of staff.
2. Long queues and delays have been reported, particularly in relation to citizens voting by mail.
3. The post office opened on a Saturday to accommodate the high demand for postal voting.
4. Customers estimate that wait times were between 30 minutes to an hour.
5. The office’s air conditioning was also out of order for two weeks, leading to discomfort for both staff and customers.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.