Summary: Three individuals of Algerian origin have been arrested by the National Police of Ibiza, accused of being part of a criminal organization dedicated to transporting migrants by boat from Algeria to the island.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Three individuals of Algerian origin were arrested for allegedly transporting 16 Algerian migrants to Ibiza by boat.
– The migrants were given initial healthcare by members of the Red Cross after being discovered in a precarious state after their journey.
– The migrants had paid approximately 2,500 euros to be transported to Ibiza in a high-speed boat that reduces the travel time from 24-30 hours to just 8.
– The alleged organizers of the journey were arrested and put in provisional prison.
– The National Police continue their investigation to detect criminal groups that organize these types of trips from the coasts of Algeria.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.