All presidents and mayors signed the guestbook at Diario de Ibiza in an event that was extended due to the extensive dedication messages. “I am a veterinarian and I have doctor’s handwriting,” apologized Llorenç Córdoba, as he made an effort to write with great care, resulting in illegible, round handwriting, almost like that of a school notebook.
While the signatures were being completed, a toast was offered and various anecdotes were shared. Vicent Marí recalled the recent royal reception at Marivent and explained that taking a photo of the king with a glass in his hand is prohibited.
They also discussed how they decided to make the leap into politics. “When they proposed it to me, I spent two sleepless nights,” confessed Marcos Serra. “Vicent [Marí] proposed it to me,” confessed Carmen Ferrer, “and I told him that I am not a politician, but an economist.” “In the end, you always have to deceive someone,” Marí added with laughter.
The menu they enjoyed was cooked by chef Isabel Cabrera and consisted of a cream cheese mousse with fig and orange jam as an appetizer, a creamy rice dish with baby squid and Formentera prawn carpaccio with lime aioli as the first course, and sea bass with tomato compote, mint, and pepper mousse as the main course. For dessert, they had lemon cream mille-feuille with red fruits and whipped cream. They were served white wine from Savina and red wine from Es Virot, both from the Terramoll winery in Formentera (which is also owned by the Moll family). “Shall we ask for the check?” remarked Marcos Serra at the end, provoking laughter from everyone present.
5 Things You Need To Know
- All presidents and mayors signed the guestbook at Diario de Ibiza, with some struggling to write legibly.
- During the event, a toast was offered and anecdotes were shared, including a discussion about the prohibition of taking photos of the king with a glass in his hand.
- Marcos Serra and Carmen Ferrer confessed to being hesitant about entering politics, with Serra joking that deception is sometimes necessary.
- The menu for the event included dishes such as cream cheese mousse, rice with squid, sea bass with tomato compote, and lemon cream mille-feuille.
- The wines served were from the Terramoll winery in Formentera, owned by the Moll family.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.