Gent per Formentera (GxF) has proposed using the extraordinary income generated by the Formentera.eco project to improve bus frequencies in the winter. The aim is for the income derived from tourist activities to benefit the improvement of year-round public services for residents.
5 Things You Need To Know
– GxF has expressed concern about the insufficient bus services during the winter season, causing discontent among regular bus users.
– The number of bus users from January to May 2023 doubled compared to the same period in 2019, indicating the need for better services.
– Formentera.eco has generated a record income of 900,000 euros this year, with the Council collecting 500,000 euros from vehicle access and circulation fees and receiving 400,000 euros from the Balearic Government.
– The proposal suggests using the extraordinary income from Formentera.eco to improve bus frequencies.
– The intention is for the significant increase in tourist-related income to have a positive impact on the year-round public services utilized by residents.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.