5 Things You Need to Know
– The Servicio de Protección de la Naturaleza inspected an agricultural estate in Talamanca, Ibiza, where 160 cages with 55 hens and 142 fighting cocks were found.
– The animals had injuries, amputations, and signs of abuse, and the caregiver did not have the required veterinary certificate.
– The inspection also found veterinary medications without prescriptions or registrations.
– The incident led to a fine for the estate owner due to animal abuse and violations of various regulations.
– Acts 4 Animals reported the shooting of a cockatoo on the same property, calling for intervention to protect the animals.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.