Formenterers Solidaris, a local organization in Formentera, is facing challenges in providing food and clothing to those in need. They no longer receive food donations from the Bank and have to purchase non-perishable products for families. Last year, they distributed 2,900 kilograms of food to 65 families, and in 2021, the number increased to 7,770 kilograms to support 137 families. In terms of clothing, they sent 14,045 kilograms to Ibiza last year and 15,032 kilograms in 2021. The organization also raises funds through the sale of traditional pastries and relies on a group of dedicated volunteers.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Formenterers Solidaris no longer receives food donations from the Bank and has to purchase non-perishable products for families in need.
– Last year, Formenterers Solidaris distributed 2,900 kilograms of food to 65 families, increasing to 7,770 kilograms for 137 families in 2021.
– The organization sent 14,045 kilograms of clothing to Ibiza last year and 15,032 kilograms in 2021.
– Formenterers Solidaris raises funds through the sale of traditional pastries and relies on a group of dedicated volunteers.
– Despite challenges and the loss of a key member, Formenterers Solidaris continues to work towards creating a better society through the contributions of many individuals.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.