Summary: The opposition party of Consell de Formentera, GxF, has accused the Sa Unió government of secretly eliminating the payment options for public bus transportation. Specifically, the decision affects the 10-euro day pass, the 20-trip ticket for 20 euros, and the 30-euro ticket for 20 trips, all aimed at frequent users. Tourists who previously had free access to the buses can now only purchase single tickets with prices ranging from 1.80 to 4 euros. GxF claims that the decision was not communicated by the Consell and was implemented without transparency.
5 Things You Need To Know:
1. The Sa Unió government has eliminated payment options for public bus transportation without informing the public or publishing the decision.
2. The affected passes include the 10-euro day pass, the 20-trip ticket for 20 euros, and the 30-euro ticket for 20 trips.
3. Tourists who previously had free access to buses now have to purchase single tickets with prices ranging from 1.80 to 4 euros.
4. The opposition party, GxF, accuses the government of going against the promotion of public transportation and not acting in the interest of Formentera.
5. Sa Unió claims that the modifications were made to allow residents, minors, people with disabilities, and frequent users to continue enjoying free transportation, and deny GxF’s accusation of lack of transparency.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.