Baleares province experienced the highest annual growth in drug trafficking-related procedures in 2022 compared to other provincial prosecutor’s offices in Spain, with an increase of 56.75% and a total of 627 cases, according to the General Prosecutor’s Office report.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Baleares province had the highest annual increase in drug trafficking-related procedures in 2022, with a growth rate of 56.75% and a total of 627 cases.
– The number of drug trafficking procedures in Spain has been increasing annually, with 21,740 cases reported in 2022, a 4.07% increase from the previous year.
– The characteristics of the Balearic Islands as a tourist destination favor the presence of major international drug trafficking organizations, especially for cocaine and designer drugs.
– In Ibiza, authorities have carried out several investigations that led to the seizure of significant amounts of drugs, including 13,250 kilos of pink cocaine, the largest seizure in Spain to date, along with other drugs, cash, firearms, and real estate.
– The dangerous nature of the organizations operating in the Balearic Islands is evident from the discovery of various firearms during these operations, according to the delegate of Baleares and the prosecutor of Ibiza.