El Consell Insular de Formentera will send all the requested information to the National Commission of Markets and Competition (CNMC) regarding the regulations and criteria for distributing authorizations in the Formentera.eco project for this summer.
5 Things You Need To Know
– The CNMC has requested information from the Consell Insular de Formentera regarding the regulations and distribution of authorizations in the Formentera.eco project for this summer.
– The CNMC does not question the authority of the Consell in regulating vehicle limits, but it does question the distribution of authorizations among companies for distorting competition.
– The CNMC argues that the agreement published in February sets the quota of VTC vehicles to zero for 2023, which prevents new operators from entering the market and reduces competition.
– The CNMC suggests that there are less restrictive ways of distributing participation rights in the market.
– The CNMC believes that the difference in treatment between taxi licenses and VTC authorizations is unjustified and impedes effective competition.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.