The opposition parties in the Consell Insular de Formentera, GxF and PSOE, have called for an “urgent” meeting of the Junta de Portavoces for the Sa Unió government to explain the recently approved housing decree by the Balearic Government.
5 Things You Need To Know
- GxF and PSOE have jointly requested an urgent meeting to discuss and understand the recently approved housing decree by the Balearic Government.
- GxF presented a proposal in a plenary session to address this issue in the Junta de Portavoces, but it was voted against by the government.
- The Socialists referred to statements by the Housing Councillor, Artal Mayans, admitting the lack of impact the decree will have and the refusal to explain it to the opposition parties.
- GxF believes that the Consell Insular blindly follows the policies of the Government with little influence, while the Socialists believe that the decree has been imposed from Mallorca and will not be effective on the island.
- The proposed agenda for the meeting includes explaining the impact of the decree in Formentera and determining the number of homes available to citizens according to the decree.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.