Political parties in Ibiza have different approaches to solving the serious problem of housing access on the island. However, one thing they all agree on is that illegal tourist flats are a major issue. In a rare occurrence, the PP government voted in favor of a proposal by Unidas Podemos to reinforce the Tourism inspector team to crack down on illegal tourist flats. They also want to strengthen collaboration with the City Council for inspections.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The PP government in Ibiza voted in favor of a proposal by Unidas Podemos to reinforce the Tourism inspector team to crack down on illegal tourist flats.
- Unidas Podemos also demands the reopening of a housing office that was closed by the current government.
- The Housing Councillor assures that services are still being provided, despite the closure of the housing office.
- The Housing Councillor also mentions that the waiting list for the Municipal Register has been reduced to zero.
- A new housing law proposed by the government could lead to the eviction of local businesses.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.