A shootout occurred in the parking lot of a supermarket in Ibiza, Spain, related to a drug trafficking debt dispute. The incident took place on December 22nd, when the parking lot was crowded with customers doing their holiday shopping. One man fired shots from inside a white Volkswagen Golf at another vehicle with two occupants, a 66-year-old man and his 24-year-old son.
5 Things You Need To Know
– The Spanish Civil Guard initiated an investigation into the incident and identified the vehicle used by the shooter.
– A joint operation between the Civil Guard, Local Police, and National Police led to the arrest of the suspect in Madrid.
– The investigation also revealed connections to a broader drug trafficking network operating on the island of Ibiza.
– The operation, named ‘Operation Manguza’, resulted in the arrest of 27 individuals involved in various criminal activities, including drug trafficking, arms possession, and money laundering.
– Multiple raids were conducted, resulting in the seizure of large quantities of drugs, firearms, and a significant amount of cash. Ten of the arrested individuals have been remanded in custody.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.