A group in Ibiza called Familiares por la Dignidad de los Mayores (Fadigma) has organized a protest on International Day of Older Persons, demanding more inspections and control in nursing homes for the elderly. They believe that not enough is being done to ensure the ethical treatment and care of residents. While the focus initially was on one private nursing home, the group acknowledges that issues exist in both public and private homes on the island. Fadigma plans to continue advocating for improved conditions for older people in nursing homes.
5 Things You Need To Know
- Fadigma is calling for more inspections and control in nursing homes for the elderly in Ibiza.
- They believe that inspections should not only focus on technical aspects, but also on ethical considerations related to resident care.
- The group acknowledges that issues exist in both public and private nursing homes on the island.
- Fadigma believes that the rights of institutionalized elderly individuals are restricted and violated.
- They plan to organize more protests to advocate for improved conditions and dignity for older people in nursing homes.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.