A news article highlights the denouncement by Toni Costa, the head of the list for the Parlament in Ibiza and spokesperson for the Govern, regarding the arbitrary use of the left with the Anti-Corruption Prevention and Fight Office, which he refers to as the “socialist anti-opposition office”. Costa questions why citizens should have to pay 1.5 million for functions that are already handled by the Prosecution, the General Intervention, and the Accounts Comptroller.
5 Things You Need To Know
- Toni Costa denounces the arbitrary use of the left with the Anti-Corruption Prevention and Fight Office.
- Costa questions the need for citizens to pay 1.5 million for functions already handled by other entities.
- He mentions the office’s failure to detect irregularities in the vaccination of socialist leaders, emergency contracts with socialist lawyers, and non-compliance with regulations in relation to specific cases.
- Costa highlights that the office promptly dismissed a corruption complaint against the Sant Josep City Council, while later arrests were made by the Guardia Civil in connection with the same case.
- The Sindicatura’s reports have also exposed deficiencies in the office’s economic management, revealing irregular payments and unjustified career advancements.