Students from the Sant Ferran de ses Roques school in Formentera enjoyed the ‘Park(ing) Day’ activity, which is part of the European Mobility Week celebrated from September 16th to 22nd. The activity involved transforming a parking space into an area for raising awareness of sustainable mobility.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The ‘Park(ing) Day’ activity took place at the Sant Ferran de ses Roques school and aimed to promote sustainable mobility.
- During the event, students participated in workshops on basic bicycle mechanics, including learning about the origin and evolution of bicycles and practical aspects such as recognizing different types of wheels and repairing punctures.
- Alongside the workshops, there was also a drawing competition and a workshop on sustainable mobility awareness.
- An exhibition of conventional and electric bicycles was held at the Constitution Square in Sant Francesc, featuring the participation of two companies, Es Brolls Motors and Formentera Cycles.
- The Formentera Island Council will provide subsidies for the purchase of bicycles, with a 20% subsidy for conventional bicycles and conventional bicycles with electrification kits, and a 25% subsidy for electric bicycles. The maximum price for conventional bicycles is €1,000, while the maximum price for electric bicycles is €3,000.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.