Dozens of unauthorized boats have been anchoring in s’Estany des Peix for weeks, ignoring the regulations that govern temporary anchoring and the legal regime of mooring facilities in this protected natural area. This regulation, which is currently in the process of being finalized, has been formulated to ensure environmental protection in the area, which is part of the Ses Salines Natural Park in Ibiza and Formentera.
5 Things You Need To Know
- Unauthorized boats have been anchoring in s’Estany des Peix, disregarding the regulations.
- The official document states that anchoring is only allowed in the designated regulated areas.
- Boat owners who have complied with the regulations face monthly costs of €50 to €135.
- The Consell de Formentera cannot enforce the regulations until they are officially approved.
- The current status of the project’s approval is unknown, according to the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Natural Environment.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.