5 Things You Need To Know
– 32% increase in cases of female victims of gender-based violence in Formentera.
– The Service of Information and Attention to Women provides support and assistance to these victims, which has been critical in a small community where anonymity is difficult.
– The coordinator of the service has seen a variety of cases and asserts that physical and psychological violence often go hand-in-hand.
– Women are reluctant to seek help due to fear, lack of awareness of available resources, and cultural or societal pressures.
– The cycle of violence often leads to withdrawal of the victims’ reports due to the abusers’ manipulation and the victims’ own fears and insecurities.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.