The Consell de Formentera, a local government body in Spain, has announced that it has made structural reinforcements to the night shift of the Local Police to ensure 24-hour service. The council acknowledges the difficulty of maintaining a constant police presence on the island due to a small staff, but emphasizes the importance of public order and citizen safety.
5 Things You Need To Know
- The Consell de Formentera has bolstered the night shift of the Local Police to provide round-the-clock service.
- The small staff of 13 officers posed a challenge in maintaining a constant police presence in the streets.
- The reinforcement was made possible through the commitment and dedication of the existing police officers.
- The measure aims to address issues related to drug and alcohol consumption, as well as crimes against property, which are more prevalent during nighttime.
- The Consell de Formentera recognizes the need for an expanded police force in the future and expresses gratitude towards the officers for their efforts in achieving the set goals.
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.