Content: The president of the Balearic Government, Marga Prohens, has announced an agreement with Booking.com to fight against illegal accommodations in the islands.
5 Things You Need To Know
– Booking.com and the island councils will share information about illegal accommodations
– Airbnb has a similar agreement with the Council of Ibiza, but detected illegal accommodations cannot be removed from the platform
– Booking.com will provide the necessary software to detect illegal properties to the island councils
– CEOs from the councils of Ibiza and Formentera were present at the meeting with Booking.com
– Booking.com has become one of the leading digital travel companies in the world since its establishment in 1996
For a deeper read, the best article we have found on this news item is here.